.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Spirit Challenge!

Hi guys. So let me just start off by saying this was originally just going to be a "Let's create some Christmas Cards" challenge, but as I sat here this morning, in my little home, with my husband and 3 healthy kids, enjoying leftovers from our huge feast, I found myself surfing the web. I came across this website, and after digesting what I had just seen, found that it hit me hard. So I immediately decided that I needed to donate enough to give a family somewhere clean water for a year. And then I thought, what a great time to think about not only challenging your creativity, but also your generous "Christmas Spirit".
This challenge is to create at least 5 Christmas cards, and if your budget allows, to seek out a worthy cause to donate to. It's so easy to get wrapped up in our own lives and completely forget how good we really have it. No matter how tough or bad life may seem at times we are VERY fortunate to live at the level we do. So as you take time this year to think about your friends and family, take some time to also think about those less fortunate than you and not only think about it, but act on it. Donate or volunteer! You can help someone somewhere, no matter how small you think your time or donation is, it is SOMETHING...and that's what Christmas is about. Caring for everyone, not just finding the perfect gift for your husband or children. I guess I have watched A Charlie Brown Christmas one to many times here lately. Off my soapbox.
So anywho... :) Get to creating your cards and link them up! We have all provided a sketch to draw from, but you don't have to use them....use whatever you like, but make sure you do at least 5. And if you have a worthwhile cause link that up please! I would love to have a list of links to worthy organizations that need support. I will be choosing a winner for this challenge and issuing a $15 GC to the shop! This will run from today 12/1- 12/12. Have fun and I hope your Christmas Spirit is high this year. After I saw the pride and compassion on my kids faces when I told them about our donation, I know mine is! :)
Michele K.


Virginia


Michelle L.

Noel


Jana


Greta

9 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

I up for this one Noel. I love the sketches so I think I'm going to give them a try. And I already have a charity in mind...I'll let you know how it goes. I'm excited about this challenge.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such an AWESOME idea Noel......I'm not a card maker....but my DS (and soon DD will be old enough....)and I make cards for Phoenix Childrens Hospital each year....love the sketches and love what the DT came up with.....I will see if DS will let me post what he makes this year! :):):):):):):):):):)

Marisa said...

Great challege here for the Christmas Spirit.

Here is my card - http://marisa-isa.blogspot.com/2008/12/santa-joy.html

I used Chelemon's sketch.

Usually donate to United Way and the Salvation Army's Christmas bureau for the Holiday Season. Our company sponsors 2 Families at this time of the year.

Marisa

Bibi said...

OMGoodness, I had no idea about the water. I'm def. gonna be making a donation. We do Toys for Tots and we send boxes to Marines several times a year. You can sponsor a Marine at anymarine.com
Love the sketches. I'll be trying these!

Celeste B. said...

I posted my cards and charity info on my blog.

http://celestebrodnik.blogspot.com/

brigid16 said...

YAY!!! I am totally at that point this Christmas too!! I asked my hubby that once he picked out what he wanted to buy me for Christmas - don't buy it and donate the money he would have spent on it to somewhere in my name!!!
Plus my family is from Cedar Rapids IA and they had horrific floods this year. So my extended family adopted a family that lost everything including their home in the flood. I got the three year old and just finished her list yesterday!
I love donating!!! Makes me so happy!
Thanks for reminding us Noel!

Off to make some cards!

Dana said...

These are beautiful! So much inspiration here!!!

Elizabeth said...

I donate to Make a Wish each year. I just love what they do for children and their familes.

Here's my cards:
http://flickr.com/photos/22980031@N03/3089474115/in/photostream/

TFL

Bibi said...

I just posted the cards on my blog:
http://bibirodriguez.blogspot.com/